My Hand-Made Christmas

Friday, January 9, 2009

This Christmas, I didn't go all hand-made, but I did try to make some of my gifts. Maybe next year will be an all hand-made Christmas!


I made some ornaments for my sister-in-law. She got a reindeer, snowman, gingerbread man, and an "H". They are like the ones I made last year, except for the letter "H" which was a new design I tried this year.


I also made a baby quilt for each of my neices. I am new to quilting, so they are my 2nd and 3rd quilts to make. I tried to work on some new skills with these quilts, so they each have some appliques.

I also made my own binding for the first time, which turned out pretty nice. I had a lot of help from these tutorials: You Go Girl!'s "No-Snit Binding", Heather Bailey's "Continuous Binding", and Quilts and Creativity's "How Much Binding Do I need?".


My two year-old neice loved her quilt! She immediately laid down on the floor and pretended to be asleep!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Definitely the best Christmas presents yet!!! =)